Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Sweet and Beautiful Visitor!

A few of you knew, but for those who didn't, I got visited this past weekend. Stephanie came all the way from Colorado to see me! How lucky am I? Very lucky, you should say. We had four wonderful days together. I know it was short, and that is what all the Nicaraguans said as well, but to me it was much better than the alternative of not having her here at all. We introduced her to all the kids in chapel, and they swarmed her with hugs afterwards, I couldn't blame them of course. She came with me to some of my English classes, she led them in "Simon Says...", and they loved practicing their English by asking her all kinds of questions. I enjoyed having her get the opportunity to see what I am doing here. When we weren't in class, we were traveling to different areas of the country with my Nica friends showing her the sites. We went to a dormant volcano crater that is now a beautiful lagoon in Catalina, walked the beaches of Pochimil and Masachapa, and shopped in the market at Diriamba. Unfortunately, I had to see her off last night, but it was a nice vacation for me to relax and just enjoy time with her. Muchos gracias por venir, Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment