Wednesday, April 15, 2009

K-Mojado

I just wanted to share my excitement of being able to spread k-Wet to Nicaragua, or should I say K-Mojado (wet in spanish). Every Wednesday I speak in chapel for the high school students, and today I basically shared the K-Wet tiki talk we have used for the past two summers. It is a talk directed to the girls to show them how their beauty, value, and worth should be found in Christ and not in things of this world. If you have never heard me tell you about the tiki talk, just ask me and I can send you the whole thing in a Word document. It was so much fun even though I always have to have a translator, and it is difficult for me to explain American culture. But he did a good job of phrasing some of the things I said in a way they understand here in this culture. For instance, when I talked about a guy trying to sweet talk a girl, he translated it to "charle los perros" meaning "throw the dogs." I don't know why they say it that way, but they do. By the way, I wore the shirt specifically for today's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment