Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Construction

We are in the middle of a contruction project here in El Crucero. We have plans to build the Technical Institute next to the existing primary school building. There will be a computer lab with 36 desktops, two classrooms (one for 72 people and one for 36) and three offices. However, just like every constuction project in the States, we are running into various hurdles that are slowing us down. Not to fear, there is one-heck-of an experienced/good-looking/gringo-who-can't-speak-spanish project manager/civil engineer on site. (Ha, just kidding about the experienced part. Kidding again. And sorry for all the slashes.) However, since he can't communicate very well with the workers he has Melvin to help him out. Mauricio, the security guard, called Melvin my bodyguard today since he was following me around everywhere translating for me. (Oh well, I guess I just gave it away that I was talking about me.) On a serious note, I think it is such a blessing to be able to work on this project, since I was considering and praying about working with a group called Engineering Ministries International (EMI). Of course I chose to come to MQV, but the Lord has allowed me to do engineering and construction work anyway. God is cool, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment