Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Cyber ¨Shack¨

Hey everyone. First, I want to let you all know that I miss you very much. I can´t believe that I am only three weeks away from coming home. I have a feeling that it will fly by for me.
I wanted to let you know that the internet has been down at MQV for almost a week now. I am currently in a cyber ¨shack¨. It is seriously small with only three computers, but it is the best thing we have in El Crucero. I have some pics to share, but they will have to wait until we get a connection again at MQV.
However, speaking of ¨shack¨, it reminded me that I had a wonderful conversation with two Canadian girls on a bus the other day. I was riding home from San Juan del Sur, which is the place where I want to share some pictures, and one of the girls was reading ¨The Shack¨. Of course I started asking questions, because I love that book. I asked her what she thought, and she said that she had already cried twice. I found out that she had no ¨religious¨ background or faith in anything. As a side note, I am at least glad she is not religious, because we can´t work our way to God; He came to us. We discussed Jesus and how He is portrayed in the book. She said she really likes Jesus. She is also going to pass the book along to her friends. I am not sure what you think about that book, but I know it is impacting the lives of many unbelievers, because it is so different from anything we are used to in our Christian world.
Okay, well there will be more coming later. Hasta luego.

1 comment:

  1. Three weeks! Wow, I don't know if I am happy or sad. I just am being realistic that you won't be blogging at K-Wet. Love you Scotty! -Kimi

    ReplyDelete