Thursday, March 12, 2009

Night Activities

Often, I go to la casa de los niños to hang out and play guitar. They teach me songs in Spanish, and I teach them a few in English. It is such a cool thing that music is an international language. Appearently, Hillsong recorded a CD in Spanish, and many of the people here listen to it. Lucky for me, many of the songs I know are easily translated. So far, music and guitar has been my best means of communication. Rudy (below) and I have become good friends because of it. Now we play basketball, volleyball, and do other activities together. There are many students in the secondary school who want to play guitar together or have me teach them to play. I wish I knew how to teach guitar better. I have never had
a lesson in my life. I only know the basic chords, and often I don't even know the name of those chords. However, it is great that such a simple and fun talent can be used to build relationships. Just this morning, the pastor of the church I attend on Sunday mornings asked me to bring my guitar this Sunday so I can play more songs. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment