Monday, November 16, 2009

Dale pues (Okay then)

Entonces…to update you all I have returned to Nicaragua for a 5 week trip. I am already one week in, and it is about time I wrote a blog. But in my defense, my computer has been dead. I got a guy here to help me fix it, and now all the programs are in Spanish! At first I didn´t know what to do, but then I realized it would force me to learn español mas rapido. Also, my keyboard is in some sort of español setting as well, so all the dashes, hyphens and stuff are not where they are supposed to be. Every time I want to type a special mark I have to hit every button to find it. Por exemplo, it took me forever to find @; it´s was not above the 2.

I have returned for a variety of reasons: to visit my friends and the children in the orphan home, see the students in the school and adults in the technical school, continue working in after-school activities with the students, seek out and learn more about other ministries in Nicaragua, and to take some time to visit the beautiful sites that I missed last time.

This first week was a wonderful start to my short time here. The morning after I arrived I visited the school (which is just across the road from my room) and was bombarded with hugs from all the little niños in the school. When they first saw me they had the most surprised look on their faces. It was very heartwarming because it made me feel loved and missed. I have spent the majority of my time the first few days reuniting with my Nica friends.

It feels like I have already accomplished a lot in just 7 days, but I will only briefly discuss one item which took place in a remote village about and hour from El Crucero. Leo, myself, and two boys from the orphan home took equipment to show a movie at a small church in that village. I started the night by leading worship with the only three songs I know in Spanish. Then we showed the movie (it was a New Testament story about building your “house” on the Rock). I then followed up with a short message, which Leo translated, and prayer. Even though it was very hot and humid, it was such an amazing experience that I don’t think I could ever get tired of doing.


More updates are to follow, because I don’t want this first one to be so long that you look at it and decide to read it later. But if you are like me you never get around to it.



2 comments:

  1. :) Reading your blogs and praying for you, your friends,the kiddos, and safety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Scotty! Thanks for the action shots...love to see you in your element. Can't wait to read more. Miss you! -Kimi

    ReplyDelete