Monday, November 30, 2009

The Next Simon

The other day (you know, I should begin all my blogs this way because I never write one the night of), I was a judge for a singing competition. There were 12 competitors and 3 judges. It was a school event so all the students were there cheering for their favorite singer. It was a lot of fun. One group of 5 students formed a band and played Hillsong's "From the Inside Out." They need a lot of practice, but I am glad they still tried. One of the girls played a recorder. The rest sang solo. Each contestant was given a score in three categories: tone, rythm, and overall presentation. I had a pretty difficult time judging. I didn't think many of them had a very good tone, so I based most of my scores on performance. The top three winners are below. I thought the second place girl (the one in the middle) actually sang the best but didn't have the best performance, and she forgot a lot of her words. It was a close competition, but I am at least glad they didn't ask the judges to give a performance.

1 comment:

  1. aww fun, I wish you had a Flip so you could put some videos on you blog. I would have loved to hear those girls sing! They are too cute. We used to put Noah to sleep with "From the Inside Out" every night. Something tells me their version would not have put him to sleep :-)

    ReplyDelete