Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Los Tigres contra Los Bufalos


This past Sunday I went to San Marcos to play a game of flag football with my good friends and teammates from the Ave Maria Knights. I had previously met with a couple of the guys and we had talked about playing sometime soon. So, we finally got a chance to play. I was really impressed with their organization, because I had told them to find the guys to play and I would just show up. They found 14 players! However, only 7 of them had I played with at Ave Maria. We had a blast but I still had to teach them a few more rules of the game of football. We would have been much better as a team in the past had we played more flag football and simply learned the game better. Eventually I had to give each team a name because they understood Tigres (Tigers) or Bufalos (Buffaloes) better than offense or defense. I was QB for both teams and they got confused a lot about what side of the ball they were supposed to be on.


This was the first touchdown of the game. Iran, the guy with his hand up, probably knew the game better then anyone else.



We tried a reverse, but it actually didn't work out too well. Too bad Greg wasn't here to show them how to run the Banshee to perfection. This guy is Edwin. He helped organize the players for the game.

Kickoff. It wasn't hard to find a good kicker. This kind of practice would have been good in the past, because in the games I played with the Knights the kickoffs, punts and returns were all very confusing to the team.




Everyone is laughing and having fun.






They were all pretty good at pulling flags. This was a kickoff return.







This was a confusing play. The guys called the play in the huddle, and I thought it was going to be a double reverse. But it ending being something else. Notice how I am trying to hand to the ball off to the guy in the black shirt.
Later on we tried a "Hook & Ladder" or "Hitch & Pitch" but that didn't work out very well either.

This is a good action shot. I'm glad Stef was there to snap all these pictures. The guy in the pink cap is a fast runner but not the best receiver. I tried working with him a lot in the past. His name in Bobby and they guy chasing him is Ludwing. I played with them both at Ave Maria.


My good friend Cesar (with the cell phone on his hip) was there watching us play. His oldest son (leaning against the was to his right) played with us too. In the photo I am telling Cesar that he should play with us because of his big guns.



These guys are a huge reason I love Nicaragua.


Photos from 7/10/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment