Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Knight Reunion



A little over a week ago I got to visit some of my Nicaraguan football teammates in San Marcos. It was great to see them again and catch up in each other’s lives. I had previously told them that I was in Nicaragua so we had been planning a reunion since I arrived. At the time only two guys were free to meet, but I am planning another trip over there this Sunday to organize a flag football game. I hope we can spread the word, and that it doesn't rain in order to have a good turn-out. This is the first time I've brought my cleats to Nicaragua and I'd like to put them to good use. 

Stef got the opportunity to visit with them and see the Ave Maria campus as well. Enrollment during the summer semester is very low so the campus seemed like a ghost town. I also met with the Mr. Heier, the Dean of Students, and discussed the potential "sports" position at Ave Maria, but I got the impression that things aren't looking too good. It seems that the little economic issues in the States reach the little third world countries too. I'm sure I'll contact the university again before I leave. 

We'll be back in Florida in a week. Hasta pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment