Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hermosa Granada



So this weekend I had another expense paid trip by Ave Maria. This time to the city of Granada. It is probably the most beautiful and most toured city in Nicaragua. I also think it is one of the oldest. I find it funny that even though my trip was paid for I still did everything as cheaply as possible. I think it's just in my blood. For instance, I could have easily taken a taxi around town and to the marina as I searched for water sport potential, but instead I rented a bike for $2 and rode it everywhere. I kind of enjoyed the exercise, but the roads here are not very smooth so some stretches were pretty rough on the body. Altogether it was a great trip and I found a great spot to do some water skiing, wakeboarding and tubing. Of course, I didn't miss the opportunity to do some siteseeing while I was there.

On my way back to San Marcos, I met up with some friends and we went swimming in the beautiful lagoon below. It is crater of a dormant volcano. I am pretty sure that is the first time I have ever been swimming in a crater. There were a few volcanic rocks floating around. It was a beautiful and peaceful experience. I felt like I was in a movie, not The Blue Lagoon, but something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment