Friday, September 10, 2010

Mi Habitacion



Well... I am in San Marcos, Nicaragua. So the blogs are going to start rolling again.

I was a little anxious when I first arrived, because I had no idea where I was going to stay or what my situation was going to be like. My friend Cesar picked me up from the airport. Unfortunately my plane was an hour late because as we were about to take off, the pilot said that we were having trouble with one of the engine's computers. That's not something you want to hear before taking an international flight, but at least they caught it before we were in the air. Once in Nicaragua, I got to visit with my friends at MQV, and so much has changed at the orphan home. They have so many more little children who love to be held. They simply walk up to you and hold their cute little arms up. It is impossible to resist. So every day since I have arrived, I take two buses from San Marcos to El Crucero (about 75 cents and 40 minutes) to spend time with the children. It has been wonderful getting back involved where I have spent so much time in the past.

News from San Marcos: Every night when I return from El Crucero I try to get out and meet some of the students from the university here named Ave Maria. One night as I was sitting at a pizza stand just outside the gates of the university, I met 3 students. We started talking and eventually I found out that they are having trouble with their math classes. So I said, ¨I love math and am looking to start tutoring.¨ Immediately one of the girls said, ¨When can you start.¨ So, all three of them want to be tutored, and we are going to start next Thursday. It was such an answered prayer because just that morning I had asked God to provide opportunity soon, and He did just that.

One of the pictures I provided is of mi habitacion (my room). It is only $100 a month and right across the street from the university. A perfect location! The woman who runs the place is very sweet and already invited me to church with her. We went this past Wednesday.

More to come soon. I miss you all.

2 comments:

  1. Miss you Scotty. I want to hug those sweet babies... Also, your room looks nice!! Do you have a kitchen? It seems very Dorm-like...
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kitchen. That would be helpful, but I am getting by with my Peanut-butter and honey sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete