Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Look into My Journal


As a quick update, I hopped on a plane to Puerto Rico on a whim. The price was too good to pass up. I spent a week in Rincon, PR surfing with a friend named Will from Jacksonville, and I dropped him off at the airport in San Juan, PR this past Sunday. Since then I have been on my own, which has been a challenge and an adventure. I have lot I want to write, but first I want to share my most recent journal entry.


Vieques, Puerto Rico - I am on a tiny island off the east coast of Puerto Rico. I arrived by ferry yesterday afternoon. (Because of circumstances I didn't have a place to stay that night unless I went to the other side of the island to meet a guy I had met, but that is not the story I wish to share). Therefore, I hiked around, swam in the Caribbean, caught a ride to another beach area with a friendly gentleman, checked out the "bio" bay, and then slept in a "life-guard hut" on Sun Bay Beach. It was extremely windy so I used my backpack to block the wind and the hip support as a pillow. When your roughing it you have to make due with what you have. However, the wind might have been a blessing to keep the pesty bugs away because this morning they were biting me all over.

Last night I tried to really focus on hearing from the Lord and talking to Him. But I kept hearing the boards annoyingly knocking together because of the wind. I then tried to change that noise to be music in my mind as I worshipped. It was a pretty cool experience, and I wish I could remember my words I was singing. I would have written them down, but I was afraid to turn on a light to expose my location to others.

(Not that I was in a dangerous location, Mom.)

This experience of traveling alone is very eye opening, and I feel like I am learning a ton about myself.

I will write more soon when I have more time on the internet.

I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Scotty.... I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I was worried about you. Cardboard boxes and "life guard huts." Maybe I'm being way to motherly but are you sure about this? Oh well, hopefully God is speaking to you in this "solitude" of traveling alone. Next time I would feel better if you had a travel buddy :-) Be Careful, we love you, and hopefully the love of OUR SAVIOR will shine through you in this crazy adventure you are on! Oh yeah, we miss you and HOPE to see you soon!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete