Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back Again and Look Who's Coming With Me!!

It has been 7 months since my last post and it's time to update you all. I have been living and working (on a worm farm - if you don't know you'll have to ask me later) in Jacksonville, Fl anxiously awaiting this next trip to Nicaragua. However, this go 'round is a bit different for me, I am not traveling solo, but a beautiful & sweet girl is coming with me. Her name is Stefanie, and if you haven't met her you should. If you scroll down and read some previous posts you will see her in one of the photos. It's a good one where she is wearing my jersey number. The two of us are going to be serving for a month in El Crucero with New Hope Children's Foundation (http://www.newhopechildrensfoundation.org). This is going to be a very exciting trip and I can't wait to see Stef fall head-over-heels for these kids. She'll probably end up learning more espaƱol than me while working in the orphan home (House of Hope). I on the other hand will be doing random work and might possibly go back to Waspam to look at the 120 acres of land that was donated to New Hope to build an orphanage. This all went down last week and my dad was a part of the group that went.

After busily scrambling to lose 10 pounds in our bags because they changed the weight limit (literally this week - everyone in line was doing the same thing) and then a thorough bag search with security trying to confiscate our $8 gift of Halvah (still not entirely sure what it is) we are now sitting down waiting for our plane and blogging. 


More to come soon. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you both and can't wait to hear all the incredible ways God will be using you there. Love ya, Sal/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys and what you are doing to further His Kingdom! I am praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete